To apply, fill out the online form at the following link
Before applying, please read carefully the following Terms and Conditions:
1. Considering the capacity of conference rooms, to ensure the safety standards required by the pandemic, we aim to accept a maximum of 25 participants to the Summer School. Eligible participants are PhD students. Applications from post-doc fellows are also welcome. Depending on the number of applications received, a small quota of graduate students (master’s degree) could be also considered by the organizers.
2. Your application will be evaluated by members of the organizing committee according to a) how your research interests relate to the summer school as evidenced by the topics of your research, any relevant publications and past presentations, and b) our best efforts to ensure the diversity of participants in terms of gender, career stage (from graduate students to post-doc fellows), region, and any other relevant dimensions.
3. The Organisers will not cover ANY travel and accomodation expenses. Participants should make their own travel and accommodation arrangements. However, with regard to arrangements, Villa del Grumello has a guest house (“foresteria”) with 19 beds in 2- or 4-bed rooms. A kitchen for self preparing breakfast is also available. The cost per night (without breakfast) is € 33.00 per person + VAT 10%. For participants coming from one of the universities partner of the Como Lake School Foundation (i.e., University of Insubria, Milano University, Milano-Bicocca University and Pavia University) accommodation in the guesthouse is free. Furthermore, a few rooms have been blocked in 3-star hotels in Como, with rates ranging from 80 to 120 euros per night (breakfast included). The School Secretariat can help you to find accommodation during the days of the school. For more information see https://cwde.lakecomoschool.org/venue/
4. Coffe breaks and lunches for all days (Monday to Friday) and dinner for one/two nights will be covered by the Organisers for all the participants accepted to the Summer School.
5. The Organisers will notify successful applicants within 14 days after the Submission Date Deadline.
6. Accepted applicants are requested to pay a registration fee of 250 Euros to cover part of the School’s organization costs. Successful applicants will need to pay this fee to reserve their place within 14 days of receiving the invitation to attend the Summer School. Otherwise, the applicant’s place will be given to other applicants on the reserve list.
7. The event is currently planned only in presence. The summer school won’t be rescheduled to be in an online format. Please note, in case of cancellation due to a worsening of the Covid-19 pandemic, the fees will be fully refunded.
8. You should consider bringing your sunscreen!
To inquire about logistics issues (travel arrangements, accommodation options, etc.) please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To inquire about the scientific program, please write an email to ConnectionsDigitalEraSchool@gmail.com